You know that massage is good for you, whether you’ve had one in the past and enjoyed those positive effects or you’re just curious about whether a massage therapist’s professional training and experience could help sort out your aches and pains.
So what’s stopping you?
We have 10 reasons here that will inspire you to visit your massage therapist today…
1. Massage helps to treat some health conditions- If you suffer with constant back, leg and neck pain; muscle tension and spasm, a good massage will send you on the route to feeling relief
2. Massage can help improve circulation which helps deliver oxygen and nutrients around the body more efficiently
3. Massage can increase lymphatic flow- this helps fight infection and makes up a very important part of your immune system
4. Massage can speed up post injury healing- If you’ve overdone it in the garden or on the pitch, massage can break up scar tissue, free up your movement and enhance your recovery
5. Massage can help to increase your range of movement- some techniques help lubricate between the connective tissue which helps improve flexibility and balance
6. Massage can help improve your posture- it helps to train your muscles, and highlight and correct any imbalances caused by sitting for long periods- common in people who sit at a desk all day
7. Massage can boost your immune system- massage produces lymphocytes (white blood cells which fight infection) and research suggests that a massage can reduce the severity and duration of infection and minor illnesses
8. Massage can make you feel happier- massage stimulates alpha brain waves which are associated with relaxations and promotes secretion of endorphins- our feel good chemicals
9. Massage can help you to destress- by reducing cortisol levels (our primary stress hormone),and increasing serotonin and dopamine (relaxing and happy hormones)
10. Massage can give you a better night’s sleep– by balancing out your sleep pattern, massage may help you overcome insomnia and the fatigue that goes with not getting enough sleep.
Have we convinced you to book that appointment?
Call Denise at 087 1315947